Are you considering a home birth in Texas?
This website exists to provide accurate information to expecting parents and to clinicians about home birth in Texas, including:
- how out-of-hospital (OOH) birth is regulated
- who performs OOH birth and how they are trained
- the known risks and benefits of OOH birth
- what happens when there is an error or adverse outcome
- the protocol for transferring to a hospital from an OOH birth
A thorough knowledge of these topics will help Texas women make truly informed decisions about where and with whom to deliver their baby.